2.1 Ownership of Site
We are the owner and operator of the Site.
2.3 Your consent
3 How your personal information is collected and used
(2) Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, either from the information directly or from that information combined with other information that we have, or are likely to have, access to. Personal information doesn’t include de-identified, anonymous or aggregated information that can no longer be used to identify a specific person.
(3) We respect the rights and privacy of all individuals and are committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s) and protecting the personal information we hold.
3.2 How do we collect personal information?
The information we collect may fall into the following categories, being:
(1) Personal information you voluntarily supply to us when you use our Site and/or Services or otherwise interact with us.
(2) Tracking information we collect as you navigate through and use our Site.
3.3 What personal information do we collect?
(1) We collect the types of personal information required to assist us in providing our Services, fulfilling our functions and activities and informing you about them.
(2) This includes personal information such as:
(a) contact details such as your name, phone number, email address and address;
(b) financial information such as your credit/debit card details; and
(c) any other personal information you provide to us when you use our Site and/or Services.
(a) model or device type, operating system and version, browser type and settings, device ID or individual device identifier and cookie-related data;
(b) your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address and geolocation;
(c) your browsing behaviour on our Site, including but not limited to:
(i) pages you have visited, including how you were referred to each page; and
(ii) page usage statistics, including the time spent on each page.
(a) provide you with an improved user experience; and
(b) provide, improve and optimise our Site and Services; and
(c) enhance and manage our Site.
(5) Cookies can be managed by accessing the individual settings in your browser and device.
3.4 How do we use your personal information and who may we disclose it to?
(1) We will use personal information you provide for the primary purposes of conducting our Services, including but not limited to:
(a) providing, delivering, administering and improving our Site and Services, including but not limited to:
(i) offering you Site content;
(ii) providing and enhancing features of the Site, including payment processing; and
(iii) customising, measuring and improving our Services;
(b) personalising and improving your experience on the Site and with our Services;
(c) dealing with feedback or complaints about our Site and/or Services;
(d) communicate with you and provide customer support;
(e) undertaking data analytics, to better understand your requirements and preferences;
(f) conduct market research;
(g) monitoring online activity on the Site;
(h) undertake and administer marketing activities, database compilation and analytics, analysis of trends and demographics and other marketing or promotional activities, including but not limited to:
(i) personalising, measuring and improving our advertising;
(ii) contacting you to let you know about our Services; and
(iii) deliver targeting marketing.
(i) enforcement of our agreements with you;
(j) in order to comply with legal obligations to which we may be subject, including but not limited to:
(i) participation in investigations and proceedings conducted by governmental or regulatory authorities and law enforcement;
(ii) prevention, detection and mitigation of unlawful activity or suspected unlawful activity;
(iii) compliance with information requests where we are legally obligated to disclose personal information;
(iv) retention and storage of your personal information to comply with specific legal retention requirements;
(v) responding to a serious threat to an individual’s life or to public health or safety; and
(vi) where otherwise required or authorised by law.
(3) We may also use and disclose your personal information to:
(a) governmental or regulatory authorities and law enforcement upon request being made;
(b) our third party service providers who help us provide our Site and Services (including for example, where you require rectification works or services to be carried out with respect to our goods and services);
(c) our related companies who may use it to provide joint content, services and marketing, offer personalised advertising and for legal compliance reasons; and/or
(d) other third parties when you have given consent to share your personal information.
(4) Otherwise, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party.
3.5 Can you remain anonymous or withhold personal information?
Where practical, you may choose not to identify yourself and deal with us on an anonymous basis or use a pseudonym. However if you do not provide us with required personal information you may not be able to use all or part of our Services.
3.6 Will you receive direct marketing?
(1) Yes, you authorise us to send you promotional messages and materials related to our Services, unless you submit a request not to receive direct marketing communications.
(2) Our direct marketing messages and materials will contain a prominent statement (including, for electronic messages, a functional unsubscribe facility) that you unsubscribe from receiving direct marketing communications.
(3) If you do not wish to receive marketing or other communications from us, please submit a request not to receive direct marketing communications or use the unsubscribe facility provided in the most recent marketing communication from us or contact us.
3.7 Will your information be stored or disclosed overseas?
(1) We may disclose and/or store some personal information overseas for limited purposes but only to the extent necessary to perform our functions or activities. Although most of the information is stored within Australia, some of your personal information may be stored in other countries with service providers for data processing.
(2) Where we do disclose or store your personal information overseas, we take reasonable steps to ensure that their privacy obligations and/or the laws in their territories provide similar protection for personal information.
3.8 How can you access and correct your personal information?
(1) You generally have the right to access your personal information free of charge, subject to some limitations contained in the Privacy Act.
(2) The APP’s set out some circumstances in which we are not required to provide you with such access. If you ask for your personal information and any of these circumstances exist, you may be given access to the personal information in a way that is permitted under the Privacy Act.
(3) To protect personal information held by us, you may need to confirm your identity before access to your personal information is granted. It may take a time to process your application and access and retrieve information.
3.9 Links to other websites
(1) We may provide links to other websites on our Site that are outside of our control, including third party websites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our Site.
(2) Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that website and its privacy statement.
(1) We will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is not misused, interfered with, altered or otherwise unlawfully accessed. This includes protecting your personal information through technical and organisational security measures to minimise risks associated with data loss, misuse, unauthorised access and unauthorised disclosure and alteration.
(2) However unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to or from you, and you do so at your own risk.
4.2 Third parties
(1) We may use third party companies to host and store our data. Some or all of your information may be held with these companies in various countries.
(2) We will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information by third party companies.
(1) Personal information is removed and destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
(2) We may retain the information you provide to us to enable us to:
(a) provide our Services, such as maintaining and improving the performance of our Services, keeping our systems secure and maintaining appropriate business, legal, accounting and financial records; and
(b) comply with law.
5 Other matters
5.1 How can you complain about privacy breaches?
If you have a complaint in relation to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information, please contact us. We will review all complaints received and respond to each complainant upon due consideration (which may require further information to be provided).
5.3 Who can you contact about your personal information?
To contact us about your personal information, concerns or complaints, please contact us via the ‘contact us’ section of the Site.
5.4 Privacy Commissioner
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s web site http://www.privacy.gov.au/.